A “Solo Course” is taken independently, in your own time.
The aim of this course is to give the attendee a high-level view of how drones and electric air taxis are impacting, and will impact further, the role of local authorities in the UK in many service areas.
Modules 1 and 2: Covers the key areas where councils can benefit from developing drone and electric air taxi operations and some of the challenges in deploying these new services. It will examine:
The seven areas where Councils can benefit now from drone use and the five reasons why Councils should look now at the potential of eVTOL operations for supporting services ranging from transport and first responder operations to revitalising small airports.
The drone/eVTOL eco-system, all the stakeholders and what they do will then be examined.
Finally, the course will examine the next steps in creating an ecosystem that supports beneficial use of drones by enterprises in the community.
Module 3: Reports on what cities in Europe are doing to realise the potential of drones and eVTOLs
Module 4: Covers how drone and eVTOL technologies and services will evolve over the next five, ten and twenty years and what this may mean for UK local authorities.
This course brings together a wide range of information from a variety of national and international sources to give an overview of the benefits and opportunities of AAM and UAM for local government and their communities as well as some of the challenges.
Community Benefits of Drones & eVTOLs
Who should attend this course:
- Local Government Decision Makers including Senior Executives; Frontline managers and Team Leaders;
- Local Government officers in Policy making; Planning; Transport; First Responders (security, medical, fire); Economic Development; Estate Management & surveyors; Social Services;
- Councillors and Elected officials
- Anyone who has responsibility for setting up, agreeing, and/or monitoring drone and UAM related activities within their authority
What you will learn:
- Awareness of what this “Community Benefits of Drones and eVTOLs” course covers
- The seven areas where Councils can benefit now from drone use
- The five reasons why Councils should look now at the potential of eVTOL operations for improving transport links and service delivery
- The drone/eVTOL eco-system – all the stakeholders and what they do.
- The next steps in creating an ecosystem that supports beneficial use of drones by enterprises in the community
- What European cities are doing in the drone and eVTOL space
- How Paris is developing a complex eVTOL eco-system to launch electric air taxi flights in 2024
- European ports are pioneering complex drone management systems – what this involves
- How local authorities in Belgium, Sweden and Spain and benefitting from national plans to equip first responders with more complex drone systems
- What future drone and eVTOL technologies will mean for UK councils
- How many drones will be in the sky and what they may be doing
- First responders, surveying and drone delivery in the future.
- Video lessons including transcripts
- Related documents for recommended reading
- Resources sheet providing hyperlinks and credits
- Quiz to check your basic knowledge of the topics presented.
Courses are online and can be accessed using Smart Phone / Computer / Tablet.
No prior requirements exist for taking this course.